We got to spend some time with this guitar and didn’t want to give it back. The humbucker adds some extra flavor to the strat without the feeling of leaving behind its heritage.
Often copied, but never surpassed, the Stratocaster is arguably the world’s most-loved electric guitar. Electrifying the music world since its release in 1954, its natural, versatile sound made the Stratocaster the benchmark for exceptional guitar tones. The American Professional Stratocaster HSS ShawBucker isn’t a re-imagining of the classic design; it’s the authentic original model, evolved.
The fat-sounding ShawBucker humbucking bridge pickup is joined by tone wizard Tim Shaw’s latest vintage-informed design—the V-Mod single-coil pickups. These brand-new pickups are voiced specifically for each position, mixing alnico magnet types to produce powerful, nuanced tones with original Fender sonic DNA. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords.
- Pro level performance in a fat-sounding Shawbucker-equipped American Pro Stratocaster HSS
- Modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand
- Bend strings easily with narrow-tall frets for fleet-fingered accuracy
- Vintage-informed tone is expanded by Tim Shaw-designed V-Mod single-coil and humbucking pickups
- Preserve brightness when adjusting the volume controls with treble-bleed tone circuit
- Retain fullness and balance when switching between thanks to special electronics
- True resonance and sustain thanks to carefully shaped genuine bone nut
- Improved break angle and straight string pull from staggered cast tuning machines
- Fluid tremolo action, solid intonation and stability from 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with bent-steel saddles
- Firm and reliable control from Pop-in stainless steel tremolo arm
- Securely transport between gigs in ATA Molded Case with TSA-approved center latch
First this guitar is also available in a 2 humbucker and 1 single pickup design for some extra fat neck pickup sound.
The feel of the guitar is what you would expect from a Fender strat, from the neck feel to the weight of the guitar. The middle and neck pickups are also what you might expect from a strat. That near one of a kind sound they are so well known for.
The humbucker though adds the fatter tone and noise reduction when playing at higher gains. It was enjoyable and the sound was awesome even using different amp styles and gain levels. To note the humbucker cleans up well at lower volumes and performs well on clean channels maintaining a bright top end with a fuller middle. It never fully matches a classic Fender single coil – but that’s ok because the Fender S1 volume control doubles as a coil split that taps the humbucker to provide a vintage clean sound. The Olympic White model we played was super pretty and classic.