The Line 6 Spider III delivers detailed amp models based on some of the greatest guitar sounds ever created. To keep these sounds authentic, Line 6 kidnapped some of their favorite artists to dial in each amp model. Now you can rule the stage with the Insane model with its truly massive gain or explore your sensitive side in the studio with the Clean model. It’s all up to you.
Line 6 has also given the Spider III 120 another 150 song-based presets sounds from such classics as No More Tears, Enter Sandman, Stinkfist, Back In Black, Bark at the Moon, and many more! These presets combined with 7 quality effects models, make the Spider III a giant of tone that give you any tone you want, already dialed in. Now you can rule the stage with the Insane model with its truly massive gain or explore your sensitive side in the studio with the Clean model. It’s all up to you.
- 12 Custom Amp Models from Clean to Insane
- 7 Smart Control FX (up to 3 simultaneous) including Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Standard Delay (all with Tap Tempo) Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, and Reverb
- 250 artist-created presets
- 150 song-based presets
- Plus 36 user programmable presets
- Built-in front panel tuner
- 12″ Custom Celestion Speaker
- Dimensions: 20.5L x 17.25H x 10.75D
This is a great amp for the money. Relatively inexpensive and packed with features. All the pedals you save with this amp almost makes it pay for itself. The tone is deep and clear. The clean channels are very clean and the metal and crunch channels are not muddy or over saturated. The built in display is a useful feature along with the built in tuner.
Like the other Line 6 products the output is well suited for using the amp with a direct in. The amp’s sound is almost unchanged using the line out.
Amp model selector
lcd display, foot switch, and line output
- Many presets have no reverb. This means you need to turn the reverb knob every time you use that channel and want reverb.
- A lot of the presets sound similar
- No effects loop
- Using a pedal on the input can distort output
- All kinds of preset sounds and amp types
- Good sound quality but loud volume does muddy it up a bit
- Excellent noise gate – Keeps the noise out without suppressing everything.
- Several foot pedal options
- Light weight