We picked up one of these to throw in the guitar case to use at gig’s that make using a real amp inconvenient. First off for the $250 it was an impressive little pedal board. The amp modeling was beautiful and the range/quality of the distortion was broad enough for almost all tastes.
Custom built to Richie Kotzen’s specs it doesn’t disappoint. The RK5 is the cousin to Tech 21’s Fly Rig 5 pedal.
The small size allows this thing to squeeze in most guitar cases, measuring in at roughly 12″x 2.5″x 1.25″.
- SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level,
and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
- Reverb, within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
- OMG overdrive, based upon Richie’s Signature OMG pedal, brings in the organic distortion of single power tube Class A amplifiers, but with a tighter, quicker and snappier response. Includes Level, Tone and Drive controls.
- Boost, within the OMG section, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
- DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures. A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
- All analog signal path; reverb and delay are mixed in parallel.
- All metal housing.
- Metal footswitches and jacks.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
- 1/4-inch low impedance output.
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators.
- Utilizes included “auto-switching” 12V DC power supply. Self-adjusts to 100V-240V. It can be used anywhere in the world with the proper plug/travel adapter for the host country.
For more info visit Tech 21 –Richie Kotzen Signature RK5 Fly Rig
Available for ~$250 from your favorite musical instrument resellers.